Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Its Snowing
Well its 10pm on wednesday the 21 and it is snowing. I talked to my mom today, i think that made her happy. I guess when i blogged about trying to cross the lake and not being able to make it. Then saying we were gonna try again the next day and i did not blog for 3 days it made her think i was on the bottom of the lake. So i guess ill try to keep up on this better. So today was fun my wife made spaghetti and meatballs i think because i said it sounded good and she is amazing like that. Micah and I worked on a few different things today. I think that is one of the things i like about here the most. I never find my self doing the same thing very often at least. I think it will change later this summer but for now i will enjoy it. I have been doing lots of things up here from the normal chores like getting water and keeping the fire going. To picking up rocks along the beach to move to the muddy road. Right now we are all kinda stuck on this side of the lake. Until the water melts or we get a real cold snap. I for one am hoping for the melting not that i don't like the cold. In fact i think i would rather have cold the hot, but i want to do some fishing. I have been thinking about making my own tip-ups. For anyone who dose not know what this is. It is a winter fishing device you leave in the ice with bate and check for fish when a little orange flag is up. So any way i want it to melt so i can fish. I saw a fox today and Micah was telling us it is a mix. Part Arctic fox and part red the fox was a very dark fox. I took some photos and will try to figure out how to post them tomorrow for you barb:) It was very nice today when Tabbi showed me the comments you have all left. I feel a little better about this blog now. I was having a hard time when i thought i was just writing to no one. Well i think that is it for today. Until next time the generator is on and i have the energy to write farewell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kyle, sounds like you 2 are having the adventure of a lifetime! I envy you the experience in some ways, but am too old (was going to say way too old, but thought better of it, lol) to live that rustically. I like my comforts too much. It sounds like the lifestyle is right up your alley - sounds perfect for you and Tabbie at this stage of your lives. I think it will really cement your relationship as there are no distractions up there, and you will both have the opportunity to grow in love and faith. How great is that??!!! I hope you can post some pictures on here, although I did enjoy your posts on Facebook. Pics here along with the dialogue would really add to the narrative. Anyway keep up with the blog, I do enjoy reading about your adventures and discoveries. Aunt Ginny
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are not on the bottom of the lake! :) I worried about you both from the get-go when you and Tabbie told us how you would be crossing the lake. OK in January but "iffie" in April (at least in my book).
ReplyDeleteBoy was I glad for your call!! How often do you use the generator? I guess you wouldn't need lanterns for light as the daylight increases this summer. Way cool about the fox. Mom
ReplyDelete