Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ice Cream

So today, Tabbi got her brand new kitchenaid ice cream mixer. We are very excited to have some ice cream. Micah put in his request for pistachio ice cream. I have never had it but, he says its amazing. We also got some of our gear we ordered from cabelas today. I got 3 new pairs of socks, some hip boots, and my rain jacket. I think i got the rain jacket just in time. We have been having rain off and on but, it is in the forecast for this week. I want it to rain i hope it will melt the ice off the lake. I Really Really want the ice to melt. I have not been able to do much fishing at all, well in fact i would not call the fishing we did even fishing. I want to get the fly rod out and just spend some time on the water. The only problem with that is the rest of our stuff has to get here first. We are expecting four totes to come in the mail any day now. In our totes are all sort of things most important though is my fishing stuff. I brought the poles and fly fishing rods with us with nothing to tie on the line. I am also waiting for the lens I sent in to get fixed. I have only had the one camera lens the entire time we have been in Alaska. It is a great lens for taking pictures of wild life but that is about it. The other lens I am waiting for is my wide angel lens. I should be able to do a lot more scenic shots with that. All the scenic shots I have posted on here or Facebook have been taking with Tabbi's little pink point and shoot. Not much else going on the new guy Jesse will be flying in on Tuesday. Then Micah fly's out to bear camp for about a month. We will have lots of work to get done well he is gone. Once he gets back though is when the real work starts. We will be getting the rest of our materials to build and finish things. Well that is all for now hope everyone is still enjoying my blog. I keep telling Tabbi to write something on here as well. Maybe if some people commented that they wanted to hear her side of the Alaska Adventure I can talk her into it:)

2 comments:

  1. Tabbi, I would love to hear about Alaska from feminine eyes. I hope you do write on the blog also. Your little point and shoot camera does a great job with scenery - there have been some gorgeous shots! I think it is interesting what you are doing up there, and look forward to following your adventures and job up there. Kyle, let me know how the pistachio ice cream is - I always liked pistachio pudding, but have never tried the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream is a treat anytime but I imagine there must be things you miss. Like coffee runs or take out. Boise certainly qualifies you as more of a city dweller. Tabbi I'd love to hear of Alaska from your eyes too. Are there other people around camp or is it just the three of you in the wilderness? How did you get your mail and get to the airport if the lake is still not thawed? The pictures makes it look like there is only your lone cabin on the lake. Do you have neighbors?

    ReplyDelete