Friday, April 23, 2010

Archibald the Fox

So today is friday the 23rd and it has been a long day. We did not get done working tonight tell 7. It was not bad at all it was a long day but i has been fun. So as the title says Archibald the fox is our new friend. This fox has been hanging around the lodge sense we got out here. I saw him first 3 days ago right at dusk. Just so you know dusk happens right now at 1030 or so and that changes by about 7 mins a day. So Archibald "the fox" came running across the beach caring what i think was a fish. I was taking lots of photo's it was snowing and i thought that i got some good shots. Then yesterday after work we went fishing. There is one spot in the ice that is melted enoughf to fish in. It was a little scary we were fishing on ice next to a big melted spot that went down about 20ft. I put my hand in it for a little bit and let me tell you it was cold very cold. Non of us caught anything but we all had fun. We walked back and on our beach sat Archibald. It was very interesting watching him. He reminded me of my dog Yogi. He would run up and down the snow and rub on the snow. Then he would stop look around and run off again playing. The fox was not even sacred of us at all. I went back in the lodge and got my camera. Then i started walking back out to the rock beach. I aproched Archibald slowly, took some shots on the way. I got pretty close, hunched down and took some more photos. After a few minuet he started aproching me. I started just clicking away with my camera. I dont know how close he got because i was watching the whole thing though my lens. I think he must have only been 10ft away from me. I moving a little to get a better shot and he was off. It was all very exciting, and I got some really cool photos out of the deal. Well thats it for now im gonna try to put some photos on my blog now so wish me luck.




6 comments:

  1. Wow Kyle what great pictures! I have never seen a fox like that. Is this the one you said was a mix or arctic fox and red fox? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try posting again, I should have previewed the first post for typos. :( Anyway, I agree with your Mom, the pictures are great. Glad you figured out how to add pics to the dialogue. It was interesting to read that the fox didn't seem too afraid of the 3 of you - maybe he hasn't seen enough humans to know to be afraid. He certainly is a different looking fox than we see around here. I check you blog almost every day, and enjoy reading your day's adventures. I also enjoyed reading Tabbi's Facebook comment about making lefse for breakfast. Way to go!!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyle, I am Blaine Morgans daughter....mom told me to check out your blog!!!! Can't wait to read more. We will be in Alaska in May....we always look forward to that trip. Alaska = breathtaking!!!!

    -Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of Gods creations, a neat looking artice fox, Kyle good job! NEED FISH, NEED SMOKEDED FISH We went turkey hunting this morning and John had some smoked fish he smoked.It was real good Kyke! He also took a few feathers off a gobbler with a shot from his bow.
    God Bless Keep enjoying Alaska. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fox is a mix of Arctic and red so i have been told

    ReplyDelete