Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day Two

So i think I'm gonna try to blog about every day hopefully i come up with more interesting titles then day one day two. Also if any one ever reads this and feels the need to tell me how to fix my spelling put in proper punctuation i don't care about that stuff so there and i know this is a huge run on and i know i missed comas and and and!! Now that i have that out of my system i can begin. All three of us at the cabin (myself, my beautiful wife Tabbi, and Micah) were up and going around 630-am. Had a time of devotion and a little breakfast. I started reading Acts today and think we might all do a little bible study but i dont know on what yet. I also am gonna try to read the Proverbs a day. Proverbs 15.1 jumped out to me today. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." I find my self using the harsh words more then the gentle words. It always amazes me what a word of kindness can do to brighten some ones day.
So after breakfast we worked on the house a little while. Micah and I hung some insulation and plastic on the walls of Tabbi and I's room. It really felt good to do some work. I mean i worked at Dutch Bro's and DKM Photography but, it is a different type of work. I dont know that my back is gonna agree with me one how it felt to do some work tomorrow. We also got a lot of fire wood and i spent some time splitting some of the bigger logs. After work tabbi and i went for a walk to the air field behind the house. It was a short but fun walk. The plants and trees are so different from what im use to in Idaho or Montana. Tabbi and I are really enjoying our selves up here. It will be really nice when the lake unfreezes and we can start fishing. It will also be nice when the rest of our stuff that we shipped gets here. Well i hope everyone is having fun were ever they might be.
God Bless and try to use those gentle words

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog Kyle. I promise not to bug you about spelling etc. Who is the Micah you refer to? Is he the owner? It sounds like the place you are staying at pretty rustic ...like Camp Bethel? Your room must have been pretty cool the first night if you had to hang insulation the next day. I may be getting those grandbabbys sooner than you had planned. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle, thanks for the insight into your grand adventure. I look forward to following the 2 of you. Just a hint, if your Mom gives you grief about your spelling remind her that grandbabbys is spelled grandbabies. Love you Jan. lol Got to give you a bad time. Remind your Mom that spelling hasn't always been a strong point with all of us. Keep up the blog - I can live vicariously through you.
    Aunt Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle,
    Thanks for blogging your adventures. I look forward to 'seeing' Alaska through your camera. (That's a hint to add photos). Ginny stole my thunder as I was about to make a comment to the jist of "I would rather have a grandbaby than a grandbabby! :) So blog to your heart's content and we promise no corrections of your spelling or punctuation... (A bit of self preservation to keep the focus from being turned toward our own faults!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your ventures. :)

    I like Proverbs. Funny though, what pops out to me lately to always be about the tongue. sigh...

    Chris

    ReplyDelete